The Marriage Course is an eight part session designed to help any married couple strengthen their relationship. It is also a great opportunity to spend time together as a couple and understanding important issues in your marriage. It will help equip you with the tools needed to build a healthier and long lasting relationship in your marriage.
Each week, you are given an enjoyable meal together and requires couples to participate in listening to a talk. Then, time is spent on discussing topics addressed as a couple. There is no group work involved at any stage in the course.
Who is it For?
This course is for any married couple who want to invest time in their relationship .This is for s all married people whether newly weds or experienced.
This course helps to strengthen marriages and reinforces good habits. On the other hand, this course helps revive marriages that are stagnant or struggling. Some couples who are separated have used the course as a way of fixing their marriages and getting back the spark to ignite their love for their spouse.
The course is based on Christian principles and is enjoyed by both Christians and non-Christians.
What is Involved?
- Dinner: each evening starts with a meal. Over a candlelit dinner, there is an opportunity to spend time together as a couple or with other couples.
- Talk: talks and videos are used as materials to lead couples in discussions. Sometimes, couples use their experiences and knowledge as points of interest to challenge other couples in their experiences.
- Coffee and Discussion Time: during the talk, there are exercises for you to do together as a couple. To set the mood for confidentiality, music is played in the background while effort is made to stir up conversation between partners. At this point, hot beverages and desserts are served.
- Homework: at the end of each session, you will be given some homework to do. This encourages each couple to engage in active communication while apply shared knowledge through discussions at home and in private spaces. This benefits the couple as they enjoy each others company before the next session.
- Building Strong Foundation.
- The Art of Communication.
- Resolving Conflict.
- The Power of Forgiveness.
- Parents and In-Laws.
- Good Sex.
- Love in Action.
- What makes a Marriage Work?